Oshawa Auto Safeties
by Auto Tire & Safeties
Auto Safeties in Oshawa
If you want to register a vehicle you must have a SSC (safety standards certificate). A safety standards certificate must be from Ontario. Only a mechanic that is a government approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Station can inspect your vehicle, for a fee and issues a signed certificate for vehicles that passed inspection. Certificate's are valid for 36 days from date of the inspection. Note the certificate is not a warranty or guarantee on the general condition of the vehicle.
When do I need a Safety or a SSC (Safety Standards Certificate)?
You will need a safety when you...
1. Register a rebuilt motor vehicle
2. Transfer a used motor vehicle to a new owner
3. Certain transfers - Don't need (between spouses) Do Need (between parent and child and vice versa)
4. Register a motor vehicle as fit in Ontario that was registered in another province or country
5. Change the status of a vehicle from unfit to fit
Also a SSC is not needed for registering a used motorized snow vehicle, off-road vehicle, motor assisted bicycle (moped) and/or trailer.
What is a Safety Standard Certificate (SSC)?
An SSC is a certificate that is issued by a government- approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Station (MVIS) after a vehicle passes an inspection. This inspection covers the minimum safety requirements for vehicles in the province of Ontario.